The Alpine Loop is a 63-mile scenic byway that winds its way through the southern Rockies via two mountain passes; Engineer Pass to the north and Cinnamon Pass to the south. Along the way, there are 14,000 ft. mountains, the historic towns of Lake City, Ouray, and Silverton, stunning alpine scenery, ghost towns, high alpine lakes, and streams. Riders can choose between full-day and half-day self-guided or guided tours. Drive right from the Rock Pirates office to begin an adventure that's known to be one of the most beautiful rides in the U.S. Watch the Destination Polaris episode to see how great this Adventure really is: https://youtu.be/T4DKN4jH4Js
SILVERTON ROCK PIRATES A Premier Certified Outfitter is one of our top outfitters and only a small number are hand-selected each year. They go out of their way to go beyond our processes and practices to provide the best possible experience for their guests.
Premier Certified Outfitter
957 Greene Street
81433 United States
A Premier Certified Outfitter is one of our top outfitters and only a small number are hand-selected each year. They go out of their way to go beyond our processes and practices to provide the best possible experience for their guests.
ADVENTURE DETAILSExperience Type : Premier
Category : Off-Road
Product Lines : RZR
Duration : half-day, full-day
Level : All Levels
All drivers of off-road vehicles are required to be 18+ years of age with a valid driver’s license. All passengers must be able to grasp handhold with their hands, plant feet firmly on the ground and have their back fully against the backrest. Helmets and eye protection are always required to be worn when the vehicle is being operated. Long pants, a long sleeve shirt and closed-toe shoes are highly recommended for a safe, comfortable ride.
Seasonality : Summer, Fall
Terrain Type : Mountain
WHAT TO BRING
Above-ankle boots and multiple layers of clothing. It can get cold up in the mountains.
- With affordability in mind, the Denver International Airport (DIA) is the best option for flying. DIA offers a wide variety of flights and airlines to accommodate everyone from just about everywhere. - View Now
- Ready to embark on a short road trip from the airport to Rock Pirates, we recommend getting a car you and your group will feel comfortable in. The drive is incredible with mountain views all around. Rental cars can be reserved right at the airport. - View Now
WHERE TO STAY
- A unique lodging option in Silverton is the Grand Imperial Hotel, which has been in business since 1882! - View Now
- Kendall Mountain Café - View Now
- The Eureka Station - View Now
- Golden Block Brewery - View Now
OTHER NEARBY ACTIVITIES
- Looking for more to do? Here are some activities in the area to enjoy on your summer vacation: Silverton Narrow Railroad Drive down the Million Dollar Highway
SAFETY & SUSTAINABILITY
Polaris Adventures focuses on the safety of every rider, from vehicle overviews & training before every ride to a modern check out process, our outfitters are there to make sure you have a safe, memorable, adventure.
HAVE A QUESTION
Get in touch with any of our Outfitters directly to learn more about their adventures, requirements or how to build your perfect getaway. You can find their contact info above.
"We made our reservation with Rock Pirates after seeing the Alpine Loop featured on Destination Polaris. James and Jodi did an excellent job of showing us the Alpine Loop experience in a brief 4hr trip. This is a First Class Operation. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Thanks Again for the family memories James and Jodi!"
"We consider ourselves a frequent RZR vacation family. We specifically sought out Silverton, CO to do an epic RZR ride with Rock Pirates. We heard great things about Alpine Loop. Our tour guide or pilot car was ran by James. He gave us the time of our lives! Why? He is an encyclopedia of knowledge about various aspects of the area, trees, mines, towns, etc while we rode. He was respectful, and in tune to what we might enjoy. He made our day/trip one our family will enjoy and talk about for a lifetime!"
OTHER ADVENTURES IN THIS REGION
Self-Guided ● Wallace, ID
WALLACE OVERNIGHT RIDE
- Verified Outfitter
- RZR, GENERAL
- Starting at $835 Lodging Reservations not included.
Self-Guided ● Marysvale, UT
MONROE MOUNTAIN LOOP
- Verified Outfitter
- RZR, Sportsman, GENERAL, RANGER
- Starting at $195
Self-Guided ● Clayton, ID
BAYHORSE LAKE & GHOST TOWN
- Verified Outfitter
- Starting at $425
Guided ● Grand Junction, CO
BANGS CANYON ADVENTURE
- Certified Outfitter
- RZR, RZR PRO XP
- Starting at $435